Coffey Law PLLC is first and foremost a medical malpractice defense law firm with all of its lawyers specializing in the representation of physicians, hospitals, health care organizations, and other allied health professionals in all fields of medicine. The firm represents health care providers, negotiating and trying cases throughout North Carolina. Ms. Coffey specializes in obstetrical and neonatal issues and cases involving catastrophic injuries.
The firm prides itself on the special attention given to all individual and corporate health care clients, servicing all clients with the same experience and energy. In addition to representation in the civil litigation arena, Coffey Law also advises and teaches health care professionals on a variety of medical-legal topics.
The attorneys advise and represent health care professionals in:
- Risk management investigations
- Claims handling
- Presuit claims and investigations
- Medical Board inquiries and investigations
- JCAHO compliance and accreditation
- Regulatory compliance
- Human resources issues
- Credentialing and privileging matters
- CME development and seminars
- Products liability issues and matters involving equipment
- Malpractice lawsuits (trials and appeals)
- Trial consulting
- Alternative Dispute Resolution